Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A was for Angles Bar and Billiards

Angles is a great, mellow venue nestled in the middle of bustling Adams Morgan. The bar exudes DC-ness, with dueling TVs broadcasting PBS and ESPN over the bar. The long wooden bar, dim interior, and tall tables round out the classic pub feel.


Angles has some good happy-hour prices on pints and pitchers (try the Angles Amber), and the chalkboard advertises two-for-one burgers on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Although we tried Angles on a Wednesday, I may just have to go back to check out the grub. Angles is also connected to Le Petite Fontaine restaurant downstairs, and I noticed many of the patrons ordered food off that menu.


The place was pretty quiet early in the evening (Angles doesn’t even open until 6 p.m.), but a steady stream of locals began to file in as the sun sunk behind the Adams Morgan brownstones. The front room was lively by late in the evening, but I didn’t have a chance to try out the board games, juke box, and pool tables in the back rooms.

Try Angles for a great neighborhood vibe, even if you’re not a local!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute:) I feel like I've seen it due to your superb description! Haha, and maybe the pictures:P I think you should hold off on the M bar til I'm there in the fall!!! :D

    ReplyDelete